Saturday, September 1, 2012

Introduction

      Growing up I hated politics. I only saw it as grown people arguing over stupid stuff. As I grew I begin to see meaning in the arguments.  I saw that these people were discussing real things that affected not only me and my family, but people around the world! How can that not be exciting? Well besides the fact that to find the truth one must sift through all of the political banter and do time consuming research.
     
      This blog will center around US politics although when exciting world political issues come up I'll probably discuss them. This is an exciting time of the year in the US. There is a presidential election in November. Now more than ever citizens need to be informed of the facts and not the bloated figures from the politicians themselves.

   As this is a political blog one can't but help show a little of their political bias but I will keep that to as little as possible. 

1 comment:

  1. You're right: when one writes about politics, their bias will slip through here and there. Don't fret over that so much. Explore the topics that are important to you, read sources that your political persuasion wouldn't generally lead you to, and just experiment here. You'll hopefully find that through discussion you will see all the beauty and opportunity in the political process. But we can never forget the darkess, either: the lobbying, the lying, the fearmongering (if you don't vote for X, Y will happen!). I am excited to take this semester to talk politics with you!

    ReplyDelete