Today both candidates took a day off from attacking each other. Personally it is quite a relief to be able to watch television and not have every other commercial be one candidate saying something ridiculous about the other. This is coming from someone who likes the game of politics. There comes a point where all of us reach our lie saturation point and get annoyed...I think that I finally hit mine for now. I hope this short break has helped us all decompress from election news because it will start again first thing tomorrow morning.
One thing I saw on the news today that piqued my interest was that Mr.Obama declined to meet with Mr.Netanyahu(Israel's prime minister). A press release said he declined the meeting because "their schedules weren't synced up. Seriously? Mr.Netanyahu represents the USA's best ally in the Middle East and our President couldn't make time to have lunch with the man? There has got to be more here. To me this looks like a snub. Since Obama has been elected they have had a strained relationship but they have been able to sit down and have conversations. Is this a sign that their relationship is frayed to the point of no return? No one but Mr.Obama and Mr.Netanyahu know for sure. Let us hope this is not the case and that I am mistaken. For if we must take action against Iran we will need Israel on our side.
This is a nice little pause piece. I like it.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading your blog, I understand something about politics today. I just hope all people on the world live in peace. Thank you for your news.
ReplyDeleteJoshua says that this is a nice "pause" piece. But I don't know if I agree. You don't pause in paragraph 2 but discuss President Obama and his "refusal" to talk with Israel's prime minister. The reasons why are worthy of discussing, however. They are related to Israel's position on Iran's nuclear program.
ReplyDeleteSo...I am in agreement that on the surface, this seems like quite a snub. But when writing about these issues, dig deeper to see if there are extenuating circumstances (there usually are!). Possibly could this have been a power move to make Israel back down on Iran?
What kind of actions against Iran do you mean? Who is the leader anyway? (Possibly a trick question.)